I love having asparagus prepped and ready to go, so roasting up a big batch at the beginning of the week means I have a seasonal green veg on call, and I don’t have to turn my oven on again!
Roasting asparagus is so simple and fast (compared to roasting root veggies), and I love how the natural sugars caramelize, bringing a whole new flavour to this fresh, early summer staple.
The serving sizes here vary greatly on your asparagus enthusiasm, so take that into consideration when shopping for this ingredient!
Simplest Roasted Asparagus
- 2 bunches asparagus 2 lbs. / 1kg in total
- fine sea salt
- olive oil to garnish
- Preheat oven to 450°F / 230°C.
- Wash and trim asparagus by snapping off the ends where they naturally break. Place them on a rimmed baking sheet and sprinkle with sea salt. Place in the oven.
- Roast for 10 minutes – do not overcook!
- Remove from oven, let cool for a couple minutes, then drizzle generously with olive oil.