One day I was out of sourdough bread at lunch, but really craved something starchy and satisfying. I had some Revolutionary Pancake batter in the fridge leftover from breakfast, so I poured some out in a bowl, whisked in some spices and salt, and used the pancake as a wrap for some delicious savoury fillings – what a perfect lunch!
They are soft, squishy, and flexible and I just love sinking my teeth into one filled with dip, avocado, sprouts, raw or roasted veggies – it’s really heavenly! You can use whatever spices suit your taste and your fillings for the day. Toasted sesame seeds and nigella, black pepper, cumin, coriander, nutritional yeast, fresh garlic, pesto, or chilli oil all make fantastic, flavourful stir-ins. Get creative! Play around! And find the savoury pancake tastes that you and your family love.
Savoury Revolutionary Pancakes
- 2 cups / 500ml Revolutionary Pancake Batter regular or fermented
- 1 tsp. curry powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ tsp. chilli powder optional
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- Whisk everything together in a large measuring cup or bowl with a spout.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and add a touch of your desired cooking fat.
- Pour the batter in until it reaches about halfway to the edges, then tilt the skillet to spread the batter out evenly. Cook on one side until golden underneath, flip, and finish cooking.
- Enjoy warm or at room temperature with savoury fillings of your choice, or with just a swathe of butter or ghee. Yum! Say thank you and enjoy.