This beautiful and simple side dish is wonderful all year round but especially delicious in the fall and winter due to the warming ginger and sweet maple. Laid on a platter, these are sure to surprise your guests with their simplicity and elegance!
Maple & Ginger Roasted Carrots With Hazelnuts
- 1 large bunch carrots 1.5 lbs / 700g
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ¼ tsp. fine grain salt
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- ½ – 1 Tbsp. finely grated ginger, to taste
- ⅓ cup / 40g hazelnuts
- Cold-pressed olive oil and flaky sea salt to finish
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C. Place hazelnuts on baking sheet and toast in the oven while it is heating. Bake for 15-20 minutes until toasted (an easy way to check is to bite one in half — it should be golden inside). Remove from the oven to let cool. Increase the oven temperature to 400°F / 200°C.
- While the hazelnuts are roasting, wash carrots well and slice the thicker ones in half. Rub each one with a little coconut oil, then place on a lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl whisk together the salt, maple syrup, and desired amount of ginger. Pour over the carrots and toss to coat.
- Place carrots in the oven and roast for about 20 minutes, until the carrots are tender and blistered in places. Remove the oven, taste, and add more salt if desired.
- Place the roasted carrots on a serving plate and drizzle with a little olive oil, if desired. Scatter chopped hazelnuts over top and serve warm or at room temperature.