These semi-sweet crackers are perfect to top my Mocha S’mores Swirl Pudding or to use in traditional s’mores with a bit more of a wholesome edge! In this video, you will learn to make a plant-based pudding that can be paired with all kinds of seasonal flavours – can’t wait to hear how you take these recipes and make them your own!
To watch the video, upgrade to Blossom membership
- 1 cup + 1 Tbsp. / 150g wholegrain wheat or spelt flour
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 Tbsp. / 45ml pure maple syrup or honey
- 2 Tbsp. water room temperature
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil, ghee, or unsalted butter melted
- flaky salt to finish
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. Make a well in the center. Pour in the liquid sweetener, water, and your fat of choice. Stir until all of the ingredients are fully incorporated.
- Transfer the dough to a sheet of parchment paper, and place another sheet on top. Use a rolling pin to roll out to be approximately 1 cm thick. Trim off rough edges so that you have an even rectangle. Slice the dough into your desired sizes. Prick the center of each cracker with a fork. Roll up scrap dough and repeat. Top with flaky salt if desired.
- Bake the crackers at 350°F for about 15 minutes or until crunchy. Cool completely to room temperature on the baking sheet before transferring to an airtight container. Say thank you and enjoy.
Mocha S’mores Swirl Pudding
- 1 cup / 150g raw cashews
- 1 14 oz can / 400ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup for plant-based
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp. fine sea salt
- 80 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- ¼ cup / 60ml freshly-brewed espresso
- 1 cup / 200g packed, pitted soft dates
- 4 graham crackers gluten-free, if desired
- Place cashews in lightly salted water and let soak for 4-8 hours (overnight is fine).
- Drain the cashews and rinse well. Add to a blender (a high-speed blender is highly recommended) with the coconut milk, vanilla, and salt. Blend on high until as smooth as possible. Remove 1 cup / 250ml of this “marshmallow” mixture and set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate (reserving a few pieces for garnish) in a small bowl. Brew the espresso, then immediately pour over the chocolate and stir well to melt. Add this and the dates and salt to the blender with the remaining marshmallow mixture still in it. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of the mocha mixture in the bottom of dessert glasses or bowls. Then add a drizzle of the marshmallow to each glass, followed by more mocha, and lastly more marshmallow. Stir a little to get a swirl pattern. Crumble the graham crackers on top, sprinkle the remaining chocolate. Serve immediately for a looser texture, or place in the fridge until set – at least 4 hours. Say thank you and enjoy.
Makes 4 cups / 1 Litre / 10 pops