Inspired by summertime treats, I got to thinking about how I could reinvent classic s’mores, to make it less messy? More adult? Bonfire-not-required? Haha…I came up with this ridiculously tasty pudding that *everyone* will love (but maybe use decaf coffee for kids!🙃).
To make a “marshmallow” base I used cashews, coconut milk and raw honey. I cannot believe how light, airy, and truly marsmallow-y it is! And for the mocha swirl I melted dark chocolate with warm espresso, added some dates and voila! With a graham cracker crumble and some extra chocolate on top, this smooth, creamy, and cool dessert is a total summer win.
As you probably know, understanding where my food comes from and how it was grown is really important to me, which is why I always trust Solspring®- their pantry staples come from Certified Biodynamic / Organic farms! This style of agriculture was the first of the organic farming movements, which sees soil, plants, and animals as interconnected beings that need one another to thrive. Practices focus on nourishing the health and wellbeing of every living thing within this ecological system. And spoiler alert: you can TASTE the difference that this care and intention provides. Check out the recipe below and to try anything from Solspring with free shipping, use the code: MNRSHIPPING – hope you enjoy!
Mocha S’mores Swirl Pudding
- 1 cup / 150g raw cashews
- 1 14 oz can / 400ml full-fat coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. honey or maple syrup for plant-based
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 tsp. fine sea salt
- 80 g dark chocolate roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup / 60ml freshly-brewed espresso
- 1 cup / 200g packed, pitted soft dates
- 4 graham crackers gluten-free, if desired
- Place cashews in lightly salted water and let soak for 4-8 hours (overnight is fine).
- Drain the cashews and rinse well. Add to a blender (a high-speed blender is highly recommended) with the coconut milk, vanilla, and salt. Blend on high until as smooth as possible. Remove 1 cup / 250ml of this “marshmallow” mixture and set aside.
- Place the dark chocolate (reserving a few pieces for garnish) in a small bowl. Brew the espresso, then immediately pour over the chocolate and stir well to melt. Add this and the dates and salt to the blender with the remaining marshmallow mixture still in it. Blend on high until completely smooth.
- Place a couple spoonfuls of the mocha mixture in the bottom of dessert glasses or bowls. Then add a drizzle of the marshmallow to each glass, followed by more mocha, and lastly more marshmallow. Stir a little to get a swirl pattern. Crumble the graham crackers on top, sprinkle the remaining chocolate. Serve immediately for a looser texture, or place in the fridge until set – at least 4 hours. Say thank you and enjoy.