These pretty and sweet little treats are yet another fun take on the grain-free tahini cookies from the blog. You can also find them in a triple chocolate version here on Grow. Dipped in both brown and black sesame seeds, these make a gorgeous cookie plate but you can always just choose one or the other or omit all together. Happy baking!
For the golden milk powder, try this one (that I love!) from Solspring™, or make your own!
Golden Milk Tahini Cookies
- 2 cups / 220g almond flour not almond meal
- 1 Tbsp. golden milk powder, or make your own!
- ½ tsp. flaky sea salt plus more for garnish
- ¾ cup / 175ml tahini
- ½ cup / 125ml pure maple syrup
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- zest of 1 orange preferably organic
- sesame seeds to coat
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 170°C. Lightly grease, or line a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the almond flour, golden milk powder and salt. Set aside.
- Whisk tahini, maple syrup, vanilla, and orange zest together in a small bowl. If it is too thick, warm it in a small saucepan over medium heat until runny. Pour over dry ingredients and stir well to combine. The dough will be thick and you may need to use your hands to finish mixing.
- Roll about a tablespoon and a half worth of the dough in the palm of your hands, into a ball. Roll the dough balls in sesame seeds, then flatten slightly (the cookies won’t really change shape in the oven so make them the size and thickness you like before baking). Place on the prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until the bottoms are golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- Store in air tight containers at room temperature for up to a week.
What makes this golden milk powder so special? It’s part of Solspring™’s line of organic and biodynamic pantry favourites. Carefully chosen suppliers, ingredients, farms, and partners make up this online market of goodies. From pasta to sauce, olive oil and coffee, golden milk powder and so much more, check them out!