Abundance Bowls with tangy Caper Tahini Sauce are a great way to use up some leftover odds and ends hanging out in your vegetable drawer and the sauce whips up in no time! Inspired by the flavours of caesar dressing, this multi-use sauce goes above and beyond these bowls and makes a great dip, salad dressing, hummus swirl, etc. Bowls are my favourite way to make easy and delicious meals that are beautiful, quick, full of texture and colour, and always make me feel like I really took care to prepare something special with little effort!
The possibilities are really endless when it comes to a hearty base, sauce, and, veggies at their peak! I hope you’re as inspired as I am to get in the kitchen and whip up something super quick and satisfying for you and your loved ones. Hint: make extra of all the bowl components for leftovers… your future self will thank you!
To watch the video, upgrade to Blossom membership
- Steamed brown rice desired amount
- Steamed lentils desired amount
- Steamed root vegetables sweet potato, butternut squash, beets, carrots, etc.
- Steamed green vegetables kale, swiss chard, broccoli, etc.
- Massaged red cabbage
- Tender herbs of choice
- Toasted nuts and seeds of choice
- Sauce of choice
- Lemon or lime wedge, to serve
- Extra virgin oil olive, to serve
- Flaky sea salt, to serve
- Steam your bowl components as desired or tune into the video to see how to do it all in one pot!
- Make your dressing of choice.
- Compile your bowl starting with the most dense foods at the bottom and top as desired. Makes a great dinner party when everyone makes their own bowls!
- Drizzle with sauce, extra olive oil, sprinkle your seeds, squeeze a lemon, and add some flaky salt, to taste for a delicious creation all your own! Say thank you and enjoy 🙂
Tahini Caper Sauce
- ⅓ cup / 85ml tahini
- Zest from 1 lemon
- 2-3 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice from about half a zested lemon
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp. dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. caper brine
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- 2 Tbsp. warm water, up to 8 Tbsp. as needed
- 2 Tbsp. capers
- To a blender, or a mixing bowl, add all ingredients, blending until smooth. Adding water by the tablespoon as needed to reach desired consistency.
- Add capers and pulse until broken up but still have some texture.
- Drizzle over bowls, greens, grains, and store leftover sauce in a clean jar in the fridge for up to 5 days.