Spread it on everything! Toast, pancakes, waffles, put a dollop in your smoothies, stir it into porridge, top your ice cream, etc.
Sweet Potato Cacao Spread
- 2 cups / 300g raw pumpkin seeds (pepitas)
- 1 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 sweet potato 300g / 11oz, roasted, peeled
- 1 cup / 100g pitted dates
- ⅓ cup / 40g cacao powder
- heaping ¼ tsp. fine sea salt or more to taste
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast pumpkin seeds until fragrant and beginning to puff (you may need to do this in a couple batches, depending on the size of your pan). Set aside too cool.
- In a food processor blend the pumpkin seeds until smooth and creamy. Add the olive oil if it the consistency is too dry to blend. Next add the sweet potato, dates, cacao powder and salt. Blend until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust to suit your preference.
Makes approx. 2 cups / 500ml Store in an airtight container in the fridge for 10 days.