I love this blend up since it focuses on whole foods and balances the body and mind. It’s uplifting and packed with thirst-quenching fruits, perfect for the spring and summer heat. The surprise here is the ginger, which is bright and pungent, and such a brilliant way to wake up your tastebuds. I love using a sizeable chunk of this spicy root, but if you’d like to tone it down, perhaps you’d like to scale it back a bit!
To make the smoothie creamier, feel free to use your milk of choice in place of the water though I find that the hemp seeds and water act as the milky base (hint: hemp seeds and water blended make hemp milk)! You can also add a scoop of vanilla or unflavoured protein powder if that’s your jam!
And to note, if you have a high-speed blender, peel the orange and throw it in whole! Otherwise, you may want to juice it first so the pulp and fibers don’t make a stringy-textured smoothie.
Strawberry-Ginger Sunrise Surprise
- 2 cups / 250g whole strawberries fresh or frozen, organic if possible
- 1 orange peeled, juiced if regular blender
- ¼ cup / 30g hemp hearts
- 1 small chunk of fresh ginger peeled, to taste
- ½ cup / 125ml water or milk of choice
- pinch sea salt
- handful granola for topping if desired
- Add all ingredients to a blender and blend on high until completely smooth. Taste and adjust flavours to suit your taste. Serve garnished with granola, if desired, Say thank you and enjoy!