This unexpected and delightful pairing bathed in a simple sauce made from arguably one of my favourite ingredients ever (tahini!) is a wonderful way to feel like you’re getting something restaurant-quality while reseting and restoring your body by fueling it with nourishing and supportive, healing foods! Take your time to plate this and create something really beautiful for YOU!
Steamed Broccoli and Squash with Tahini Sauce
- 1 large head of broccoli washed and cut into long spears
- 1 medium delicata squash cut into half moons, seeds removed
- 1 cup / 1 large handful mixed salad greens arugula, baby spinach, mesclun, etc.
- 1 cup / 1 large handful thinly sliced red cabbage
- 2 Tbsp red onion diced
- drizzle olive oil to dress
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp sesame seeds lightly toasted
- flaky salt and herbs if desired
- ¾ cup / 175ml runny tahini
- zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- ¼ tsp cumin
- pinch paprika
- ¼ cup / 60ml filtered water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
For the veggies:
- Working in batches, steam broccoli until bright and tender, about 4 mins and then steam squash in batches until bright and tender, about 10 mins.
- In a bowl, toss the fresh greens with cabbage and onion, drizzle with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
For the sauce:
- Add all ingredients to a food processor and process until smooth. Taste and adjust as desired.
- Add your simple greens to serving plates. Drizzle with some sauce. Top with steamed veggies in an artful way. Drizzle with more sauce. Add sesame seeds and finish with flaky salt. Add herbs as desired!