This deeply nourishing face mask clenases, exfoliates, and feeds the skin with powerful nutrients.
Chickpea flour has been used in Ayurvedic tradition for hundreds of years as an effective cleanser, and unlike foamy soaps, surfactants, and chemical gels, chickpea flour doesn’t strip your skin of its natural oils, nor does it disturb the delicate acid mantle that protects your skin against harmful bacteria, viruses, and other potential contaminates. Chickpea flour unclogs pores while tightening them naturally, without being overly drying. Its especially great for acne-prone skin like mine!
Spirulina Chickpea Mask
- 1 Tbsp. chickpea flour (gram flour / besan)
- 1 Tbsp. filtered water
- ⅛ tsp. spirulina or chlorella
- 1 drop essential oil of choice (ie. frankincense, lavender, tea tree, rose, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir with your finger or a spoon until smooth and fully blended.
- Remove any makeup, then spread the mask in an even layer all over your face, avoided the eyes and the mouth / lips.
- Let dry completely – this takes anywhere between 10-20 minutes, depending on how thick the layer is.
- Remove mask with warm water, rubbing in gentle circles as you wash it away. Follow up with your favourite face oil, serum, and / or moisturizer. Enjoy the glow!