This stuff is good on EVERYTHING! If you are looking for a way to blast divine flavour and creamy richness onto your plate, this sauce only takes about 2 minutes to whiz up, and lasts for at least a week in the fridge to perk up just about anything. Drizzle and dollop this on salads, savoury grain bowls, cooked beans and lentils, lettuces, crackers, toasted pita, and it even acts a perfect dip for raw veggies!
Watch how easy it is on How to Build the Perfect Lunch live session!
Smoky Tahini Sauce
- ½ cup / 125ml tahini
- 1 cup / 250ml recently boiled water or more, as needed
- 2 Tbsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 fat clove garlic
- 2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp. pure maple syrup
- ½ tsp. smoked paprika or more, to taste
- ¼ tsp. salt
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend on high. If too think, add extra water, about ¼ cup / 60ml at a time until the desired consistency is reached. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired (for instance, you may want to make it smokier, so add more paprika!).
- The dressing will thicken as it sits, so be ready to add a touch of water and stir well before serving. Say thank you and enjoy on all the things: raw and roasted veggies, salads, savoury grain bowls, beans and lentils, lettuces, crackers, toasted pita, etc.