I’m telling ya, this is easier than pie, makes a tasty dessert but is actually a nourishing breakfast… you’re welcome! You can use any fruit you like, but frozen berries are always a hit since they’re easy to find throughout the year.
Serve this with a dollop or drizzle of something creamy for the ultimate indulgence! I know you’re going to love this treat, first thing in the morning, or last thing at night.
Simple Stovetop Crumble
- 3 cups / 350g frozen mixed berries
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 pear, chopped
- 1 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tsp. arrowroot optional, but helps thicken the mixture
- pinch salt
- ¼ tsp. ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. ground cardamom
- handful or two of your favourite granola see below for suggestions
- something cool and creamy to serve it with optional
- Place the frozen fruit in a small saucepan with the tablespoon of water. Turn heat the heat on medium-low and cover the pot. Stir every few minutes until the fruit thaws. Add the pear, stir well and continue to cook.
- Next add the chia and arrowroot, if using. Bring to a very low simmer, and cook for 4-5 minutes until thickened. Stir in the salt, cinnamon and cardamom.
- To serve, spoon the fruit mixture into two (or more) bowls. Top with your favourite granola, and add a dollop of dairy or plant-based yogurt if desired.
- Enjoy immediately and store leftover fruit mixture in the fridge for up to four days. Reheat with a little water in a saucepan, then top with granola and serve.