With 5 ingredients in about 5 minutes you can have tangy, bright, and beautiful pickles to add zip to sandwiches, salads, bowls, etc. the possibilities are endless once you master the technique. You don’t have to stop at onions either — try green beans, cucumber, carrots, garlic, and more using this brine.
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
- 1 large red onion
- 1 cup / 250 ml unfiltered, raw apple cider vinegar
- 1 ½ Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- ¾ cup water
- Thinly slice your onion (watch the video for tips!).
- Make the brine by combining the vinegar, syrup, salt, and water. Stir to dissolve.
- Pack the onions in the jar, let sit for 24 hours in the fridge for best results but can be enjoyed within 2 hours.
- Store in the fridge for a week and reuse the brine!