These simple and satisfying autumnal-spiced treats are packed with healthy fats, whole food plant-based proteins, and did I mention they are delicious? Though you can use any protein powder you wish, I am in love with this protein powder!
Pumpkin Spice Protein Bites
- 1 cup / 185g dried apricots preferably unsulfured
- 1 cup / 250ml pumpkin seed butter
- 1½ Tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
- or sub 1 Tbsp. cinnamon and a pinch each: black pepper, cardamom, ginger, clove
- 3 Tbsp. protein powder, vanilla or unflavoured
- ½ tsp. flaky salt
- ½ cup / 65g raw unsalted pumpkin seeds / pepitas
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the pumpkin seeds, stirring often, until they are golden and beginning to pop. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Place the apricots in a food processor and process on high until finely chopped. Then add the pumpkin seed butter, pumpkin pie spice, protein powder, and salt. Process on high until thoroughly combined. Taste the mixture and adjust the flavours as you desire.
- Add the toasted pumpkin seeds and pulse just to incorporate – you still want whole, intact seeds for texture! Spoon out the desired amount into your hand and roll into a ball. Repeat until you’ve used all the dough, store in the fridge or freezer, say thank you and enjoy!
Makes 24 balls