It’s rare to find a Persian meal without a tahini sauce! This one is distinctly different with the briny addition of green olives and fresh parsley. It’s impossibly creamy and goes with just about everything (especially the rest of the Spring Rollover Menu!), so whip up batch and pour it, spread it, and slather it all over your life!
Parsley + Olive Tahini Dressing
- ¾ cup / 100g green olives with pits
- ½ cup / 125 ml tahini
- 5 Tbsp. / 75ml freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- ¾ cup / 175ml water
- ¼ tsp. fine sea salt
- ¾ packed cup / 25g fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- Begin by putting the olives. I like to press a few under the flat part of a chef’s knife, which causes the olives to split. It’s easy to remove the pits once they’re open!
- In a blender, combine the tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, maple syrup, water, salt, parsley leaves, garlic and pitted olives. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. Taste and adjust seasoning if desired. Say thank you and enjoy. Store in an airtight glass container in the fridge for up to one week!