The most popular recipe from My New Roots, this fully customizable, beloved loaf can be found baking in ovens all over the world on any given day. If you have not yet tried it, let me show you how, and if you already love it, bake it alongside me!
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
The Life Changing Loaf of Bread
- 1 cup / 135g sunflower seeds
- ½ cup / 90g flax seeds
- ½ cup / 65g pumpkin seeds or other nut / seed
- 1 ½ cups / 145g rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. chia seeds
- 4 Tbsp. psyllium seed husks 3 Tbsp. if using psyllium husk powder
- 1 tsp. fine grain sea salt add ½ tsp. if using coarse salt
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup for sugar-free diets, use a pinch of stevia
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil or ghee
- 1 ½ cups / 350ml water
- In a flexible, silicon loaf pan combine all dry ingredients, stirring well. Whisk maple syrup, oil and water together in a measuring cup. Add this to the dry ingredients and mix very well until everything is completely soaked and dough becomes very thick (if the dough is too thick to stir, add one or two teaspoons of water until the dough is manageable). Smooth out the top with the back of a spoon. Let sit out on the counter for at least 2 hours, or all day or overnight. To ensure the dough is ready, it should retain its shape even when you pull the sides of the loaf pan away from it it.
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°C.
- Place loaf pan in the oven on the middle rack, and bake for 20 minutes. Remove bread from loaf pan, place it upside down directly on the rack and bake for another 30-40 minutes. Bread is done when it sounds hollow when tapped. Let cool completely before slicing (difficult, but important).
- Store bread in a tightly sealed container for up to five days. Freezes well too – slice before freezing for quick and easy toast!