This easy to throw together slaw / salad is one that I find myself going to when I need something fresh, easy, and satisfying as I usually have all the ingredients on hand! Part of the BMS Reset, this recipe adds much needed crispy-crunch to the menu and brings so much texture which is very important to feeling satiated and joyful when eating!
Kale Slaw with Seed Sprinkle
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 cups / 3 large handfuls mixed shredded kale and cabbage whatever you have will work!
- juice of 1 lemon
- 1 carrot julienned
- ½ cup fresh parsley leaves roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp red onion diced
- 2 Tbsp sunflower seeds toasted, activated, or raw
- 2 Tbsp pumpkin seeds toasted, activated, or raw
- 2 Tbsp hemp seed hearts
- In a small bowl, whisk together the dressing ingredients, taste, adjust, and set aside.
- Add the kale / cabbage to a large bowl and squeeze lemon over the greens. Massage lightly until the leaves become tender.
- Add carrot, parsley, and red onion to the massaged kale. Add ½ the prepared dressing and toss to combine. Taste and adjust as necessary!
- When you're ready to serve, drizzle with some extra reserved dressing, some of the seed sprinkle (you can also add to the whole salad but I like the crunch when adding it right before serving) and a sprinkle of flaky salt.
- Keeps well in the fridge for 3-4 days. Say thank you, and enjoy!