Developed for my Golden Circle Retreats and now for you to enjoy wherever you are! Part 1 will show you how to make an Oatmeal Cookie Exfoliator, a Mermaid Spirulina Mask, and a Green Tea Toner.
Skincare is an inside out job! It starts with good nutrition and ends with what we choose to apply. Our skin is a giant sponge so applying products with simple, whole, and natural ingredients when possible is important for optimal skin and body health!
Part 2 will guide you through the process of application and use!
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
Oatmeal Cookie Exfoliator
- 1 cup / 100g rolled oats
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 Tbsp. coconut oil , olive oil for acne-prone skin
- Blend oats in a food processor until finely ground (it should look like flour). Add the coconut sugar and pulse to combine, then add the coconut oil and blend until uniform. Store in an airtight glass jar at room temperature for up to 1 month.
- Combine 1 Tbsp. Oatmeal Cookie Exfoliator with ½ Tbsp. water and mix thoroughly to combine (you can do this in your hand, but I prefer a little bowl or cup). Gently massage onto skin in circles, getting into all the spots that need a scrub. Continue for 2-3 minutes, then rinse with warm water, pat your skin dry, and follow up with your favourite serum and moisturizer! Enjoy the glow!
Spirulina Chickpea Mask
- 1 Tbsp. chickpea flour (gram flour / besan)
- 1 Tbsp. filtered water
- ⅛ tsp. spirulina or chlorella
- 1 drop essential oil of choice (ie. frankincense, lavender, tea tree, rose, etc.)
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl, stir with your finger or a spoon until smooth and fully blended.
- Remove any makeup, then spread the mask in an even layer all over your face, avoided the eyes and the mouth / lips.
- Let dry completely – this takes anywhere between 10-20 minutes, depending on how thick the layer is.
- Remove mask with warm water, rubbing in gentle circles as you wash it away. Follow up with your favourite face oil, serum, and / or moisturizer. Enjoy the glow!
Green Tea Toner
- 1 part apple cider vinegar
- 4 parts strong-brewed green tea, cooled
- couple drops lavender essential oil , or essential oil of your choice
- Add all ingredients to an atomizer or pump. Shake to mix.