Try making the Restoration Broth before making this soup or use water, stock, or bouillon of your choice!
Creamy Broccoli Soup
- 1 Tbsp. coconut or extra-virgin olive oil plus more for drizzling
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ¼ tsp. red chili flakes more or less, as desired
- 4 cups / 1 L Restoration Broth
- 1 avocado chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 head broccoli trimmed and chopped, about 6 cups / 1½ lbs
- 3 cups / 90g baby spinach
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Heat oil in a medium pot over medium heat. Add onion, garlic, and pepper flakes and cook, stirring, until tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Add broth and bring to a boil. Add broccoli and cook, covered, until bright green and tender, about 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat, stir in spinach, and let cool slightly.
- Transfer soup to blend and puree with avocado. Taste and adjust seasoning to suit you. Garnish with a drizzle of olive oil and a pinch of chili flakes, if desired. Say thank you and enjoy.