Corn and Lime Pickle
- 1 small white onion finely diced
- 2 tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 jalapeño seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and halved lengthwise
- 1 ½ cups / 375ml apple cider vinegar
- 1 whole lime sliced into rounds
- 4 ears of corn steamed
- In a bowl, toss salt and onion together; let sit until onion releases some of its liquid, about 10 or 15 minutes. To the same bowl add the jalapeño, oregano, cumin, and garlic. Cut the corn off of the cob, and add it to the bowl (it does help if the corn is still warm from steaming, to absorb flavours), and toss to combine.
- In a 1-liter / 1-quart jar add the corn mixture, along with the lime slices. Pour the vinegar over top, adding water to fill the jar as needed. Seal with lid, then shake a few times to distribute the liquid. Refrigerate at least 1 hour before using. Enjoy! Keeps in the fridge for up to one month.