Chickpeas are a weekly staple in my house. From dips and salads to soups and stews they always find their way into whatever bowl I seem to be eating out of! Learn how to cook them in a way that is not only delicious but optimally nutritious and with limited amounts of gut-irritating compounds.
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
- 2 cups dried chickpeas
- splash apple cider vinegar or lemon juice
- 4 inch piece kombu, optional
- 1 Tbsp. sea salt
- Soak chickpeas in filtered water with splash of apple cider vinegar, 8-12 hours.
- Drain and rinse, add to a large pot and cover with plenty of filtered water and add dried kombu. Cover, bring to a boil, skim off foam if desired.
- Reduce heat to simmer, cover and cook 45 – 60 minutes, checking doneness at 45 mins. Towards the end of cooking add sea salt and / or let chickpeas sit off heat in the salt water bath post-cooking for 15-20 mins.