Taking care of our skin is especially important in the winter months when it needs a little extra TLC. This scrub + mask is the perfect way to wake up tired, wintry skin that needs to slough off the old and bring in the new!
With 3 powerful pantry pulls this recipe whips up in just a couple of minutes, and you can use it on your entire body, as a mask or exfoliator, or both!
Coffee makes a fantastic exfoliant, and scrubbing the face and body helps clear dead skin cells and unclog the pores. The chlorogenic acids in coffee may also reduce inflammation and protect against some strains of bacteria.
Studies show applying raw cacao to your skin offers a a lot of the same benefits as eating it. The high levels of antioxidants protect and repair the skin from damage and premature aging. As a potent anti-inflammatory, cacao soothes redness and blemishes, improving the skin’s complexion.
Honey is deeply moisturizing, cleanses pores, and brightens the complexion too!
Cacao-Coffee Face Scrub + Mask
- 2 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 Tbsp. ground coffee / espresso powder (freshly ground is best)
- 1 Tbsp. raw honey
- 2 Tbsp. warm filtered water
- In a small jar, combine the warm water and honey until the honey dissolves.
- Add the cacao and coffee, then stir well to combine.
- Use immediately on a clean face, and store leftovers in the fridge. Bring to room temp before using!
- Apply about a tablespoon of the scrub on to a clean face or body. Spread as evenly as possible, then allow it to dry – about 20-30 minutes.
- Wash with warm water, rubbing in small circles until all has been removed.
- Follow up with your favourite serum and moisturizer and enjoy the glow!