Simple and thoughtful combinations not only are delicious but can be more health-supportive than you even know! This satisfying stir-fry combines calcium and vitamin D-rich foods that have a synergistic effect in the body and increase the availability of both. Especially important for those who choose not to eat animal products, these essential nutrients are vital to the optimal functioning of our bodies. This stir-fry comes together so quick, only takes a few ingredients, and is fully customizable.
Broccoli, Mushroom, + Sesame Stir Fry
- 2 Tbsp. brown sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. expeller-pressed coconut oil or ghee
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- ½ Tbsp. freshly grated
- 1 head broccoli washed and cut into florets
- 2 handfuls shiitake mushrooms cleaned and chopped
- tamari to taste
- In a dry skillet over medium heat, toast the sesame seeds until fragrant and beginning to pop. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Without washing the skillet, melt the oil and add the garlic and ginger. Cook, stirring often, until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Add the mushroom and avoid stirring so that they sear nicely. Flip and cook until golden.
- Lastly, broccoli and cook until tender. Season with tamari and sprinkle with sesame seeds. Say thank you and enjoy.