The BMS menus are all without grains for those who feel better giving their body a break from them. This “porridge” is grain-free and still a delicious way to have a bowl of something sweet, delicious, and nourishing in the morning. Remember, this is not about deprivation so eat when you are hungry, eat more when you’re still hungry, and try to tune in to remembering what physical hunger feels like during this time and honour it, honour you!
Apple Porridge with Tahini Sauce
- 1 apple, grated
- squeeze of fresh lemon juice
- handful raisins or other chopped dried fruit
- soaked or toasted nuts and seeds
Simple Tahini Sauce
- 1 Tbsp. tahini
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 tsp. honey
- a couple pinches cinnamon
- Grate the apple with a food processor or with a box grater, leaving the skin on. Toss immediately with lemon juice to prevent browning. Add other ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together tahini, water, honey and cinnamon. Fold into apple mix or drizzle on top. Serve immediately.