This recipe is more like an idea or suggestion than it is a recipe! Make it your own with toppings of your choice, go crazy with the plating, and whether you’re school aged or not, delight in how fun it is to make something special and fun out of the ordinary!
- 3-4 apples
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1-2 Tbsp. nut or seed butter of choice
- 1 Tbsp. pure maple syrup
- handful of toasted nuts or seeds of choice I used pecans
- hemp seeds cacao nibs, coconut, dried fruit etc.
- flaky salt if desired
- Slice the apples into thin wedges, then immediately toss in the lemon juice, being sure to coat each one (this enhances flavour and prevents browning)
- Arrange the apples on a plate in a pattern that you like.
- Drizzle with nut / seed butter, and maple syrup.
- Sprinkle with nuts, seeds, cacao nibs, coconut, dried fruit, flaky salt, or whatever you desire!
- Say thank you, and indulge with gratitude!