Adzuki beans are so pretty to look at and happen to go beautifully with the nourishing grounding winter flavours of the Winter Rollover Menu. Bonus, they are a great plant-based source of calcium!
- 3 cups / approx. 650g dried adzuki beans
- 2 Tbsp. apple cider vinegar / lemon juice
- filtered water
- sea salt
- Soak beans in plenty of water 8 hours or overnight with apple cider vinegar or lemon juice. Drain and rinse.
- Cover beans with filtered water in large stock pot, bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook until tender, approximately 45-60 mins, adding salt to taste towards the end of cooking.
- Once tender, drain, let cool, and refrigerate or use in dip, etc. Once completely cool they can be stored in the freezer if desired for later use.
Makes 9 cups cooked beans — great for dips, soups, salads, and be sure to freeze any extras.