Sprouts aren’t just for munching on – they’re delicious whizzed up into a dip too! I love serving this to friends and family since no one can believe how delicious AND health supportive it is! So fresh and tasty, this version came to me while I was teaching a class recently, and had the good sense to jot it down right afterwards.
Thanks to my travels, dear friends, and amazing inspiration from around the world I am able to draw on what I know and love about worldly flavours and celebrate with my senses at home. Toasting the coconut before blending will add a ton of flavour not to mention the most beautiful aroma! You can substitute the peanut butter with any nut butter you like – almond and cashew are my favourites here if you’re looking for a swap.
Thai-Flavoured Sprouted Lentil Dip
- 2 cups / 115g lentil sprouts, lightly packed
- 1 large red bell pepper
- 3 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. peanut butter
- ½ cup / 40g desiccated coconut unsweetened, very fine
- 1 organic lime, zest + juice
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 small chunk fresh ginger
- 2 Tbsp. tamari
- 1 tsp. maple syrup
- chilli flakes / cayenne pepper, to taste
- Place coconut in a large dry skillet over medium heat. Toast, stirring often until golden. Remove from heat immediately.
- Put all ingredients into a high-speed blender or food processor, and blend on high until smooth. Taste and adjust seasoning. Say thank you and enjoy with veggie sticks, crackers, or alongside a snack spread. Store leftovers in a an airtight glass container for up to five days.