Simple mornings call for simple breakfasts and this soothing porridge is my go-to on chilly, slow mornings when my body needs something nourishing and easy!
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
- ¾ cup rolled oats gluten-free if needed
- 1 apple organic if possible
- ½ tsp. cinnamon or more to taste
- pinch sea salt
- Soak oats overnight in filtered water, with a little lemon juice or apple cider vinegar.
- The next morning, drain and rinse the oats well.
- Bring about a cup (250ml) filtered water and salt to a boil in a small pot. Add the apple and simmer until soft, about 4-5 minutes. Add the drained oats and stir well to incorporate. Add more water if necessary. Cook for about 5-10 minutes until the desired consistency is reached.
- Stir in cinnamon, taste and sweeten / adjust as needed.
- Serve hot with toppings of your choice! The sky's the limit, say thank you and enjoy!