This recipe highlights the best of late-summer produce! If it’s too hot to turn on the oven, feel free to grill up your veggies for this bowl, or use a grill pan on your stove top to add some delicious caramelization to the season’s finest.
I encourage you to change up the veggies to suit what’s growing around you as well as utilizing fresh, seasonal produce will really make this recipe sing. The super-flavourful and versatile marinade, sets you up to customize this bowl to your preferences — one of my many reasons why bowls are a weekly go-to meal in my house!
Thanks to my friends at Solspring® for the delicious Biodynamic / organic pantry ingredients used in this recipe!
Roasted Vegetable and Halloumi Bowls
- 1 large eggplant
- 2 medium zucchini
- 2 bell peppers preferably red, orange or yellow
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Solspring olive oil as needed
- Solspring fine salt as needed
- 1 block halloumi cheese
- 1 cup cooked French lentils
- 1 small bunch fresh dill
- arugula to serve
- Solspring Kalamata olives to serve
- 1/3 cup Solspring olive oil
- 3 cloves Solspring fermented black garlic sub with 1-2 minced garlic cloves
- 1 Tbsp. Solspring maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. Solspring malt vinegar sub with apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Solspring tapenade sub with finely chopped kalamata olives
- 1/4 tsp. Solspring fine salt
- Solspring black peppercorn
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Chop eggplant and zucchini into cubes of roughly the same size, slice peppers into strips, and prick the tomatoes. Place all veggies on two baking sheets lined with parchment paper, sprinkle generously with salt (as desired) and a good drizzle of olive oil. Place in the oven and roast, removing from the oven every ten minutes to stir.
- While the vegetables are roasting, make the marinade: combine all ingredients in a small blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour about one-third of the marinade over the lentils and set aside.
- 10 minutes before the vegetables are ready, cut the halloumi into cubes, and fry in a dry, hot skillet over medium-high heat, stirring often, until golden on all sides.
- Remove the vegetables from the oven, let cool slightly, then pour the remaining marinade over top, plus salt to season if needed. Fold thoroughly, taste, and adjust seasoning if desired.
- To assemble bowls, add a handful of arugula to each, then the lentils, mixed vegetables, and halloumi. Add a sprinkling of fresh dill, and a few olives. Serve immediately and enjoy.