Even if you’re not a licorice fan, I’m confident you’ll love this recipe, as licorice tastes amazing with berries, and mellows out the often divisive flavour. Try the fermented licorice powder I used!
Licorice is a fantastic digestion-supporter, soothing heartburn and upset tummies. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, and can help treat upper respiratory conditions. Its antimicrobial effects are used in the treatment for bacterial and viral infections.
Not sure what Biodynamic farming is? It’s an agricultural and lifestyle practice that’s conscious, creative, and holistic. Certified Biodynamic® products require regenerative, soil-first farming practices and production methods that preserve the integrity of the natural product. Biodynamic agriculture goes above and beyond most organic standards and focuses on year-after-year improvement in soil quality, limits inputs brought onto the farm and works to support all the living creatures in and around the farm: from the worms to the bees to larger farm animals and the people who engage with the farm, too.
Raspberry Licorice Swirl Smoothie
- 1 cup / 120g frozen raspberries
- 1 ¼ cup / 310ml plant-based milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 2 Tbsp. hemp seeds
- 1 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- pinch sea salt
- ½ cup / 75g frozen blackberries
- 1 tsp. Solspring® fermented licorice powder
- filtered water as needed
- garnishes as desired fresh fruit, dried fruit, bee pollen, chia seeds, coconut etc
- Place all the ingredients, except the blackberries and licorice powder in a blender and blend on high until smooth. Pour about ¾ of the smoothie into a serving bowl. Add the blackberries and licorice powder to the remaining smoothie with a splash of water and blend on high until smooth. Add to the smoothie bowl and swirl together. Add desired toppings, say thank you, and enjoy.