This pasta salad is a bowl of some of my favourite things. A simple dish, perfect for summer, that highlights pasta, olives, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar with fresh herbs for a quick, cool-down meal!
The Solspring® turmeric penne shown here is not only a beautiful colour, but it is made from wheat grown on Demeter Certified Biodynamic® farms in Italy. Biodynamic agriculture is a holistic approach to farming (holistic nutrition… holistic farming… See a theme?) that takes the entire farm and community into account – the water, the air, the plants, the people, the animals, the soil, etc. – and follows regenerative practices that support the overall well-being of the land. Working with Biodynamic, traditionally-grown, and/or organic foods and ingredients makes a huge difference in my kitchen, especially when they were just harvested from my own garden! I believe in the power that food has to change our bodies and planet, so whenever possible, I choose wisely and with intention!
Puttanesca-Inspired Pasta Salad
- 4 servings cooked penne pasta, of your choice
- 2 pints / 500g mixed tomatoes chopped
- 1 cup / 150g kalamata olives pitted and roughly chopped
- 1 small jar capers in brine drained
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic finely minced
- ½ Tbsp. dried oregano
- ½ tsp. dried chili flakes
- flat-leaf parsley basil, more olive oil to garnish
- Place the cooked pasta in a large serving bowl (okay if still slightly warm!). Add the tomatoes, olives and capers.
- Whisk the oil, vinegar, garlic, oregano and chilies together, then pour this mixture over the ingredients and fold to incorporate.
- Garnish with flat leaf parsley, basil and a drizzle of olive oil. Season, say thank you, and enjoy!