Great for any time of day and with an uncanny taste and texture resembling one of my favorite fiber-rich, raisin-studded cereals of my youth, this granola is a refined-sugar free, wholesome, blood-sugar stabilizing treat to have by the handful, atop yogurt, with your milk of choice, or in your bag on the go.
Pink Lady® Apple Granola
- 4 Pink Lady® apples
- 1/3 cup expeller-pressed coconut oil or ghee melted
- ½ cup / 125ml pure maple syrup
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 3 cups / 300g rolled oats
- 1 cup / 200g buckwheat
- 1 cup /100g pecans
- ½ cup / 75g sunflower seeds
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ tsp. fine grain sea salt
- 1 cup / 150g currants or raisins
- Preheat oven to 350°F / 175°F.
- Wash and chop apples. Set aside.
- In a food processor or blender, blend coconut oil, apples, maple syrup and vanilla. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine the remaining ingredients, except for the currants. Pour the liquid mixture over the dry ingredients and fold coat.
- Spread mixture out in an even layer on a lined baking sheet and press firmly with the back of a spatula to ensure that the mixture is compact. Bake for 15-20 minutes. Remove granola from oven. Using a spatula, flip the granola in large sections. Place back in the oven, continue to bake and flip every 5 minutes or so, making smaller chunks each time, until golden (35-45 minutes total).
- Let cool completely and store in an airtight container for up to one month.