In partnership with my friend Tonya Papanikolov’s beautiful and healing line of medicinal mushrooms, Rainbo Mushrooms, I’ve created these beautiful and nourishing sweet treats perfect for any time of day. A pick-me-up with tea / coffee or a bite before bed, these gems feel so special and gift-like and in reality… they are!
- 60 g virgin coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 Tbsp. maple syrup, or Rainbo Forest Juice
- salt to taste
- In a double boiler (or a heatproof bowl over a pot of simmering water) melt the coconut oil. Whisk in the Forest Juice, cacao powder, and salt.
- Pour a little of the chocolate into the bottom of each mold. Place in the freezer to harden.
- To make the filling, combine all ingredients in a small bowl. Let this mixture sit for about 10 minutes – it will firm up a little bit, and it should be dry enough to make small balls that you can roll in your fingers. Make 25 balls.
- Once the chocolate is solid, remove the molds from the freezer and place a ball of filling in each, flattening them slightly so that they do not pass the rim.
- Pour remaining chocolate over top and place back in the freezer to firm up. Once completely solid, pop out of the molds and store in the fridge or freezer. Say thank you, share, and enjoy.