You will be totally surprised at how incredibly rich and satisfying these are. The original recipe from the blog boasts a complex flavour from only five ingredients but this spiced version takes this tremendous treat into new territory.
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
Raw-ish Spiced Brownies
- 2 cups / 250g raw walnuts
- 2 ½ cups / 435g Medjool dates pitted
- 1 cup raw cacao
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. chipotle
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ cup toasted pumpkin seeds roughly chopped (or raw if following strict raw diet)
- Place walnuts in food processor and blend on high until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add the cacao, salt, spices, and vanilla. Pulse to combine.
- Add the dates one at a time through the feed tube of the food processor while it is running. What you should end up with is a mix that appears rather like cake crumbs, but that when pressed, will easily stick together (if the mixture does not hold together well, add more dates).
- In a large bowl (or the pan you plan on putting the brownies in), combine the walnut-cacao mix with the roughly chopped pumpkin seeds. Press into a lined cake pan or mold. Place in freezer or fridge until ready to serve (it is also easier to cut these when they are very cold). Store in an airtight container in the fridge or freezer.