I will show you how flavour-packed your veggies can be by using a quick and garlicky marinade. Can be used pre- or post-cooking, you will not believe how much marinated veggies can elevate your meals!
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
- Vegetables of choice
- ¼ cup / 62 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1-2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- pinch fine sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- cold-pressed olive oil, to finish
- For Soft / Thin-Skinned Vegetables (mushrooms, summer squash, eggplant, etc.)
- Prepare / wash vegetables to your liking. Mix marinade and place the vegetables in the marinade to marinate at least an hour or overnight.
- When ready to serve, heat grill pan / barbecue and cook desired vegetable until tender. Remove from heat, drizzle with olive oil, and season as desired.
- For Hard / Thick-Skinned Vegetables (sweet potato, carrots, asparagus, bell peppers, etc.)
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Prepare marinade.
- Cook vegetable until tender (for roasted red peppers, approximately 35 mins).
- For peppers: place in a covered bowl to steam and cool. Once cool enough to touch, slip skins off and pour over the marinade. Let bathe in the marinade in the fridge and use on anything from sandwiches to salads, or blend into dips!