What a weeknight winner this recipe is! In less than 30 mins start to finish you have dinner on the table. Try serving with a simple salad, fold in some greens, top with additional herbs, cheese, or whatever else you may desire.
This recipe can be made with legume-based pasta too if you prefer a gluten-free or grain-free option!
Lemony Artichoke Angel Hair
- 150 g / 5.3 oz Solspring angel hair pasta
- 1 Tbsp. butter ghee or expeller-pressed coconut oil
- 3 shallots diced
- ¼ tsp. Solspring fine salt
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- zest of 1 lemon preferably organic
- 1 can artichoke quarters drained and roughly chopped
- 3 Tbsp. capers drained
- freshly cracked black pepper as desired
- 1 cup / 250ml pasta water
- 1 cup / 40g loosely packed finely chopped parsley, plus more for garnish
- 2 Tbsp. Solspring olive oil plus more for garnish
- Put a large pot of generously-salted water on to boil. Add the angel hair pasta.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Melt your fat of choice and add the shallots and salt. Stir to coat, and let cook until translucent and starting to turn golden, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for an additional 2 minutes. Add the lemon zest, artichokes, capers and black pepper. Stir well and let cook about 5 minutes, then add the pasta water and bring to a gentle simmer.
- Cook the pasta until al dente. Drain, and set aside.
- Add the parsley and olive oil to the pan, followed by the cooked pasta. Fold to incorporate everything. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
- Serve hot with an extra drizzle of olive oil, extra parsley if desired and freshly cracked black pepper. Say thank you and enjoy.
This recipe highlights some pantry pulls from one of my favourite brands, Solspring! Their regenerative, organic / biodynamic goodies are such great starters for any meal and if you’d like to try, you will receive 25% off using the code ‘MNR25’ through Jan 31, 2023.