Ohhhhh this is one tasty pot of glory! Featuring all my favourite Greek flavours, like tomatoes, olives, peppers, oregano, and lemon, all cozied up with orzo (I used a grain-free chickpea-based one), chickpeas, hearty greens and black garlic! OMG get IN HERE already!
And talk about easy, this is a weeknight dump-and-stir situation, using a delicious and nourishing biodynamic pasta sauce from Solspring® that delivers so much deliciousness with very little effort. The black garlic puree is fermented for maximum digestibility, and their premium olive oil is also so bright and tasty!
I appreciate using products from Certified Biodynamic® producers because biodynamic agriculture goes above and beyond most organic standards and focuses on year-after-year improvement in soil quality, limits inputs brought onto the farm and works to support all the living creatures, great and small. This is something you can TASTE, because the quality is so high.
Greek Garden Oven-Baked Orzo
- 2 Tbsp. expeller-pressed coconut oil or ghee
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried oregano
- 1 red bell pepper chopped
- 2 cups / 70g baby spinach or kale ribs removed, chopped
- 1 cup / 150g olives pits removed
- 1 ¼ cup / 230g chickpea “risoni” or whole grain orzo
- 1 19.7oz jar / 560g Solspring® Garden Vegetable pasta sauce
- 1 ½ cups / 240g cooked chickpeas about 1 can
- 3 cups / 750ml vegetable broth
- 2 tsp. Solspring® black garlic puree
- 4 lemon slices
- 3 Tbsp. Solspring® olive oil plus more for garnish
- Sheep’s milk feta, or plant-based feta
- handful of dill
- Preheat the oven to 400°F / 200°C.
- In a large dutch oven (or something that can go in the oven), melt the oil over medium heat, add the onion and salt. Stir well to coat, then cook for 5-7 minutes until the onions are translucent. s
- Add the garlic and cook for two minutes until fragrant. Add the oregano, red pepper, greens of choice, and sauté for 5 minutes or until the greens are wilted.
- Add the orzo, tomato sauce, chickpeas, broth, black garlic and lemon slices. Bring to a simmer.
- Place in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes until the risoni is soft (cooking times will vary depending on which type of pasta you’re using).
- Remove from the oven and let cool for a few minutes. Drizzle liberally with olive oil, crumble feta over the top, and sprinkle with dill. Serve with a squeeze of lemon and freshly cracked black pepper.
Use code ‘MNRSHIPPING’ for free shipping on all Solspring® products.