You know I love a lentil salad and this one uses a few less spices and ingredients than the Best Lentil Salad Ever. Mix and match the two within the BMS Restore menu if you’re looking to change it up! Feel free to adapt this salad with ingredients that you may have on hand – try adding celery, more greens, roasted veggies, etc.
French Lentil Salad
- 1 cup French du Puy lentils
- ½ red onion
- 3 carrots
- ½ cup soaked or roasted almonds 70g
- 1 ½ Tbsp. cumin seeds
- 1 tsp. chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- handful of parsley
- handful mint
- 1 tsp. honey
- 2 tsp. sea salt and black pepper
- Rinse lentils, place them in a pot and cover with water. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer and cook until tender (about 20 minutes)
- While lentils are cooking, make dressing by whisking together olive oil, lemon juice, chili, honey, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Julienne or ribbon-slice the carrots with a vegetable peeler and place in the bowl with dressing, toss to coat.
- Roughly chop almonds. If you haven’t sprouted them, lightly toast almonds in a dry skillet over medium heat until fragrant. Roughly chop.
- When the lentils are cooked, drain well and add to the bowl, stirring well to coat. Add chopped mint and parsley. Drizzle with more olive oil and serve.