Coconut bacon is the perfect noshable nibble to sprinkle on salads, grain bowls, pasta, etc. for a crunchy, chewy, crackly bite! This vegan bacon goes great on sandwiches, is excellent in snack mixes, or by the handful. If you haven’t yet made it and even if you’re not vegan, this surprising and delicious salty addition will make your dishes pop all year long.
To access the videos and podcasts, please upgrade your membership
- ¼ cup / 60ml tamari
- ¼ cup / 60ml maple syrup
- 3 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp. liquid smoke
- 1 tsp. freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- 5 cups / 200g coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 325°F / 160°C.
- Whisk all wet ingredients together in a large bowl. Add coconut flakes and toss well to coat. Let the coconut sit and marinate in the liquid for about 5 minutes.
- Place coconut on a parchment-lined baking sheet, spreading it out evenly. Bake for 20-30 minutes, stirring every 7 minutes or so, until fragrant and crispy. The coconut will crisp up outside the oven as well, so take that into consideration. Store in an airtight container for up to three weeks.