This is a good-on-everything sauce that will spice up your life! I love adding this to abundance bowls, savoury breakfast dishes, roasted roots, and of course on tacos. It also makes a fabulous veggie dip!
For this recipe I use chipotle peppers in adobo sauce – found in the little can available at most grocery stores – but if you’re unable to source it, just use dried, ground chipotle instead, or smoked paprika. I hope you love this smoky, spicy, super savoury sauce as much as I do!
Chipotle-Lime Cashew Queso
- 1 cup / 150g raw cashews soaked for 4-8 hours or overnight
- 1 red bell pepper chopped and seeds removed
- 1 chipotle pepper in adobo sauce
- 3 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
- 2-3 tsp. freshly squeezed lime juice to taste
- 1 small clove garlic
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt or more to taste
- ½ cup / 125ml water if needed
- Drain and rinse the cashews.
- Put all ingredients, except water, in a high-speed blender or food processor and blend, adding water one tablespoon at a time until the desired consistency is reached. If you want a thick cream, use less water, for a thinner sauce, use more.
- Enjoy immediately, store leftovers in an airtight container in the fridge for 5-6 days.