Prefer your tea a little sweet? With milk? A little on the luxurious side? With Masala Chai Concentrate on hand you are well on your way to a warm beverage tailored just to you!
- ¼ cup / 60 ml plant milk of choice
- ¼ cup / 60 ml Masala chai concentrate (to taste)
- ½ cup / 120 ml filtered water (to taste)
- 1 bag / 1 Tbsp. black tea (optional)
- 1 tsp. honey, maple syrup, or agave nectar
- Warm milk (dairy, rice, oat, nut, seed) in a saucepan on the stove and pour in some of the refrigerated concentrate (adjust amount to suit your taste).
- When mixture is very hot, add a black tea leaves, or a bag of your favourite black tea. Steep for indicated amount of time. Alternatively, you can drink the warmed chai concentrate and milk without tea, as I prefer, since it is caffeine-free (it’s just as delicious!).
- Remove from heat (strain out tea leaves if using) stir in honey, maple syrup or agave nectar to sweeten (this is an important step as it brings out the flavours of the spices). Sip slowly, warm up, and smile.