Yes, the bowl of your dreams has arrived. This recipe highlights the flavours and colours of the season all in one cozy bowl. Sweet potatoes, quinoa, radicchio, figs, pistachios, and indeed, you read that right, honey garlic whipped feta come together for a true seasonal celebration!
Autumn Abundance Bowl with Honey Garlic Whipped Feta and Figs
- 2 lbs / 1 kg sweet potatoes
- ¾ cup / 130g quinoa soaked overnight if possible
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 1 batch Honey Garlic Whipped Feta recipe to follow
- 1 ½ cups / 250g cooked chickpeas about 1 can
- 1 Tbsp. cold-pressed olive oil plus more for garnish
- 1-2 cloves garlic as desired
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- ½ tsp. ginger powder
- ¼ tsp. turmeric powder
- 1 small head radicchio shredded
- freshly squeezed lemon juice to taste
- 4 fresh figs sliced
- handful pistachios roughly chopped
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
Honey Garlic Whipped Feta:
- 1 fat clove garlic
- 225 g feta preferably sheep or goat
- ¼ – ¾ cup / 60 – 175ml Greek-style yogurt as needed (preferably sheep or goat)
- 1 ½ Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- Preheat oven to 400°F / 200°C. Scrub and cut sweet potatoes into rounds (leave the skin on!) and place them on a lined baking sheet. Roast for about 20 minutes until tender and golden. Remove from oven, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with salt. Set aside.
- While the potatoes are roasting, cook the quinoa by draining and rinsing it well, placing it in a small pot with about 1 ½ cup / 375ml filtered water and a ½ tsp. of fine salt. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook until tender, about 15-20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Make the whipped feta by mincing 1 clove of garlic in a food processor, then adding the feta, olive oil and honey. Pulse until the mixture is as creamy as possible, then add the yogurt ¼ cup / 60ml at a time until the desired consistency is reached (I like mine on the thicker side so I add less yogurt). Season to taste and adjust flavours as necessary. Set aside.
- Make the spiced chickpeas by mincing a clove or two of garlic and placing in a heated skillet with a tablespoon of olive oil, and cook on low-medium heat until fragrant and garlic is starting to turn golden. Add the spices and stir to combine, then add the chickpeas and fold to coat. Cook, stirring occasionally for about 10 minutes until the chickpeas are heated through. Season to taste.
- Gently toss the shredded radicchio in a splash of lemon juice and a drizzle of olive oil. Toss, season with a pinch of salt.
- To assemble, swipe a generous spoonful of whipped feta along the side of each individual bowl. Add some quinoa, the roasted sweet potato rounds, dressed radicchio, spiced chickpeas, and then garnish with figs, pistachios, a few leaves of fresh mint, then drizzle it all with more olive oil, say thank you and enjoy!
For conscious pantry staples like the olive oil, salt, spices, honey, and more above, check out Solspring! This recipe in partnership with Solspring highlights these everyday foods and pairs them with seasonal stars to create something nourishing, supportive, and delicious. Use the code: ‘MNR25’ for 25% off your order of any Solspring products through January 31, 2023!