Got 12 minutes?! Then you have time to make this sauce! It’s simple, fast, delicious and garlicky. Made with high-quality Biodynamic® ingredients, the flavours are super rich and deeply satisfying. The dish is vegan, but what you grate, crumble or drizzle on top is your business. I love fresh basil, plenty of good olive oil and freshly cracked black pepper!
In partnership with Solspring® this simple dish highlights Biodynamic® pasta, tomato purée, tomato concentrate, olive oil, and balsamic vinegar. The luscious spaghetti is made from wheat grown on Demeter Certified Biodynamic® farms in Italy. Biodynamic farming practices are conscious, creative, and holistic. Certified Biodynamic® products require regenerative, soil-first farming practices and production methods that preserve the integrity of the natural product. Biodynamic agriculture goes above and beyond most organic standards and focuses on year-after-year improvement in soil quality, limits inputs brought onto the farm and works to support all the living creatures in and around the farm: from the worms to the bees to larger farm animals and the people who engage with the farm, too.
I hope this comforting, early-autumn dish gives you a hug from the inside!
12-Minute Tomato Sauce
- 4 cloves garlic or more if desired
- ¼ cup / 60ml olive oil plus more for garnish
- ½ tsp. fine salt plus more to taste
- 1 pint / 250g cherry tomatoes
- 18 oz / 510g tomato puree
- 3 Tbsp. tomato concentrate / paste
- ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar
- 4 servings dry spaghetti
- Mince garlic and place in a small saucepan with the olive oil, and salt. Cook over the lowest heat possible, stirring often, for 5 minutes.
- While the garlic is cooking, wash the cherry tomatoes and slice them in half. Toss them in with the garlic, stir well and let cook for 2 more minutes.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato concentrate and stir well. Cover and let simmer for 5 minutes. Stir in the balsamic vinegar, taste, and adjust the flavours to suit your preferences.
- Pour the sauce over cooked spaghetti and fold to combine. Serve immediately with plenty of fresh basil, more olive oil, and whatever else will make you happy! Say thank you, and enjoy.